In Estonia, if you register a sole proprietorship, then your business is represented using the acronym FIE (from Füüsilisest isikust ettevõtja).
- To register sole entrepreneur or register sole trader enterprises in Estonia is to run an organisation or business that has no fixed capital or no Statute or Charter.
- This sort of business set up is perfectly suited for small or family run businesses.
- As is the case with NGO registration in Estonia, sole proprietorships are required to register with the Tax and Customs Department ,when sales turnover reach the 16 000 EUR threshold.
- The sole proprietor is expected to maintain the business’ Bookkeeping Cash Accounting based on the stipulations outlined in the Accounting Act of Estonia.
To register sole trader in Estonia using electronic registration, you will need to provide the following information:
1) The personal identification code and name of the entrepreneur
2) The name of an individual entrepreneur with the abbreviation FIE affixed at the end
3) Address and other legal data
This is largely because of the e-citizenship options available when you register sole entrepreneur in Estonia.
Sole proprietorship registration in Estonia is a simple and easy to navigate process.